To propose or oppose? That is the question...
Congratulations to all of the Year 6 and 7 students from Djanogly Strelley Academy, Brocklewood Juniors, Melbury Primary, Portland Spencer Academy and NUSA, who took part in the Nottingham Trent University Debate Day on Wednesday 25th March in the City Centre. Based in the prestigious Newton Building, the day saw pupils work alongside debate society members from the university, who mentored the school teams through proposition and opposition points on topics such as 'Should fatty foods be banned in schools?' and 'Should our Police be armed?'.
Two teams, Portland Spencer Academy 1 and NUSA Team 2 made it through the rounds to take part in the final, to debate whether 'the UK Government should send more financial aid to poorer countries?' After a thrilling round of opposing points, Portland Spencer Academy were awarded the win and all students were commended for their hard work and enthusiasm, being presented with a certificate. Students were given the chance to tour the university campus and to hear from real undergraduate students, what life at university is like. We hope to see some of our students walk those same campus halls in a few years time!
- Year 7 Sporting Success
Year 7 Football Team reach semi-finals. (22/03/2017)
- Year 7 Progress Board Exams
Monday 13th June - Friday 17th June and Monday 20th June 2016 (19/05/2016)
- To propose or oppose? That is the question...
Team NUSA make it through to the Finals at the NTU Debate Day (26/03/2015)
- Uniforms, Facebook and Video Games: Year 7 debate with their mates!
Year 7 students prepare for cross primary Debate Challenge on March 25th (19/03/2015)
- NUSA Young Company Drama Group at the Lakeside Theatre
Last night, NUSA Young Company took part in a technical rehearsal ahead of the Young Creative Awards (English - 03/05/2018)
- Year 11 at Poetry Live!
Ninety Year 11 Students were taken to watch 'Poetry Live!' (English - 28/03/2018)
- NUSA Year 8 Cup Final 27th March 2018
Cup Final for NUSA (Whole School - 28/03/2018)
- NUSA Young Company Drama Group Formed
NUSA Young Company are rehearsing for the Nottingham Young Creative Awards (English - 28/03/2018)
- Year 11 Macbeth Performance
All Year 11 students were treated to a performance of Macbeth on Tuesday 27th February. (English - 28/03/2018)
- Year 10 Media Trip
On Friday 16th March, NUSA’s Year 10 Media Studies students visited the University of Nottingham. (English - 28/03/2018)
- Coming soon to NUSA our Family Sunday Carvery
NUSA Carvery (Whole School - 13/03/2018)
- Nottingham University Samworth Academy Secures OFSTED ‘Good’
Message from Head of School (Whole School - 12/10/2017)
- Ofsted Inspection - 19 & 20 September 2017
Message from Head of School (Whole School - 18/09/2017)
- The NUSA Sign Choir Benefit Gig
Benefit gig raised money for the Manchester bombing victims and their families (Whole School - 01/09/2017)
- 25th Jan 2019: Fantastic day for our budding year 10 Scientists, superb event at the BIG BANG STEM day supported by DANCOP.