Uniform and Equipment
Where can I buy the NUSA uniform?
Our suppliers are Price and Buckland and you are able to purchase NUSA uniform via the online shop. You must register an account and once your orders is placed you will have the option for delivery to either your home/work address or to the school.
We do keep a limited supply of blazers, ties, jumpers and PE items in school. We advise parents in the first instance to order via the online shop; however, for urgent uniform requirements, or if the size you require is not in stock online, please enquire in school as we may have your items available.
Please note, the uniform shop in school is open each day between 12.15 - 1.00pm.
what is in the uniform bundle FOR year 7s?
The uniform bundle is available to new Year 7 pupils only and will include:
- Rugby Top (Boys)
- PE Fleece (Girls)
- PE Indoor Polo Top
- Sports socks
What do I need to buy from the shops?
You will be responsible for buying shirts, trousers/skirts, socks, shoes and other items listed in the uniform and equipment sections. Other essential equipment you will need to buy is a bag/rucksack, big enough to hold a PE kit and a pencil case, containing pens, pencils, ruler, eraser and pencil sharpener. Students will be provided with a planner and can also place a £5 deposit on a personal locker, should they wish to do so.
Students must attend the Academy at all times in full school uniform. This includes clothing, footwear, hair, make up and jewellery. Any student who is not suitably dressed will either be sent home to change, or they will be sent to our Student Reception to borrow appropriate items from our stock. The following clothing must be worn by students and internally labelled with their name:
- School Blazer Academy blazer only.
- School Tie Academy tie only – to be worn at all times.
- Trousers Black school trousers.
- Skirt Black school skirt (standard, knee-length skirt – no tube or short lycra skirts).
- Shirt White formal collared shirt (with top button fastened).
- Jumper Plain black v-neck (optional) – long sleeves / sleeveless.
- Shoes Plain black school shoes with a maximum heel of 5cm and sole thickness of 2cm.
- Socks/Tights Either black socks for boys/girls or tights in neutral or plain black for girls.
- Coat Sensible, dark coat with no external stripes, text or logos.
- Jewellery Plain silver or gold studs may be work as a single matching pair only, with one stud in each ear lobe. One plain gold or silver ring may be worn. Chains and any other visible body piercing are not allowed.
- Hairstyles No extremes of hairstyle are permitted except on religious or cultural grounds (this refers to both style and colour). We would ask that students do not come to school with hair dyed to colours which are not natural.
- Make-up Any make-up worn must be natural and discreet. Bright colours or too much make-up will be asked to be removed, as it is not appropriate for school
- Nails For health and safety reasons finger nails should be kept short at all times and the wearing of nail extensions is not permitted.
- Shirt Academy rugby shirt
- Polo Shirt Academy polo shirt
- Shorts Black shorts
- Tracksuit Academy tracksuit
- Socks Academy sports socks
- Footwear Trainers (boys and girls) / studded football boots (boys and girls)
- Gum Shield Boys and girls
- Cycling Shorts Plain black – to be worn under sports shorts
Clothing that is NOT permitted
- Boots, boot-style shoes, suede shoes, stiletto heels, sling back shoes and trainers
- Hooded tops and sweatshirts
- Sports caps, bandanas or any other patterned or designer hat
- Patterned tights
- Year 11 at Poetry Live!
Ninety Year 11 Students were taken to watch 'Poetry Live!' (English - 28/03/2018)
- NUSA Year 8 Cup Final 27th March 2018
Cup Final for NUSA (Whole School - 28/03/2018)
- NUSA Young Company Drama Group Formed
NUSA Young Company are rehearsing for the Nottingham Young Creative Awards (English - 28/03/2018)
- Year 11 Macbeth Performance
All Year 11 students were treated to a performance of Macbeth on Tuesday 27th February. (English - 28/03/2018)
- Year 10 Media Trip
On Friday 16th March, NUSA’s Year 10 Media Studies students visited the University of Nottingham. (English - 28/03/2018)