Student & Parent Information
Our lunchtime menus are on a four-week rotational basis, with Grab & Go options also available daily. Click on the links below to view menus and prices.
Extra Curricular Timetable 2016
ONLINE SAFETY - GUIDE FOR PARENTS
Click here to view a guidance document on monitoring your child's use of the internet and supporting them in staying safe.
You may also find the following websites helpful:
SUPPORT FOR PARENTS AND CARERS - NEW WEBSITE
www.thinkuknow.co.uk/parents offers a completely refreshed suite of articles and guidance on all aspects of child internet safety.
Families can also use the website to access the CEOP Safety Centre (www.ceop.police.uk/safety-centre) where they can report abuse and exploitation direct to CEOP.
Our Whole School Attendance Policy has been updated - this can be found on the Policies page. Please note that any student late to their tutor room/assembly in the Academy after the register closes at 8.47 will be marked with an unauthorised absence code U. 5 lates in a 4 week period could lead to a request for a Penalty Notice. Warning letters will be sent out for every late after the register closes.
FREE SCHOOL MEALS
Now that all Key Stage 1 children are eligible for free school meals, many parents think there is no need to register for them. But did you know that just registering your child for free school meals means that your school gets extra money
Register now to make sure they don’t miss out!
The Government gives money to schools to help children from lower income families do their very best. This funding is called a ‘Pupil Premium’.
For every child registered for Free School Meals, the school receives £1300.
All infant pupils now receive free school meals BUT families who qualify for pupil premium still have to register with the school in order for the school to receive pupil premium funding.
This money is spent on new equipment and resources to make sure children can do their very best at school.
How does it work?
- First, check if you qualify – go to www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/article/22028/Free-School-Meals-and-Free-Milk
- Registering is really quick and easy – go to www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/article/22028/Free-School-Meals-and-Free-Milk
- If you want your child to have a free, healthy meal at lunchtime that’s great – they will get the free meal (saving you more that £350 a year), extra benefits and the school gets £1300 extra.
- If you don’t want your child to have the school meals they can continue as normal – as long as you qualify and are registered, the school still gets £1300 extra.
No one will know you have registered and it will not affect any other benefits you are claiming.
- Coming soon to NUSA our Family Sunday Carvery
NUSA Carvery (Whole School - 13/03/2018)
- Nottingham University Samworth Academy Secures OFSTED ‘Good’
Message from Head of School (Whole School - 12/10/2017)
- Ofsted Inspection - 19 & 20 September 2017
Message from Head of School (Whole School - 18/09/2017)
- The NUSA Sign Choir Benefit Gig
Benefit gig raised money for the Manchester bombing victims and their families (Whole School - 01/09/2017)
- Year 7 Sporting Success
Year 7 Football Team reach semi-finals. (Year 7 - 22/03/2017)