Welcome to Travel & Tourism
Welcome to the NUSA Travel and Tourism department.
How does the course work?
The course is made up of three components: two that are internally assessed and one that’s externally assessed.
The three–block structure, explore, develop and apply, has been developed to allow students to build on and embed their knowledge. This allows them to grow in confidence and then put into practice what they have learned.
The assessment structure is also designed so that students can build on what they learn, and develop their skills, as they move through the course.
During Component 1, students will learn about:
- the travel and tourism sector and tourist destinations
- the type and purpose of different travel and tourism organisations
- the importance of travel and tourism to the UK
- different types of holidays and reasons for travel
During Component 2, students will learn about:
- factors influencing the travel and tourism industry
- sustainability and destination management
- the impact of global tourism on local communities, the economy and the environment
- tourism development
During Component 3, students will learn about:
- investigate how travel and tourism organisations use research to identify customer needs
- explore the range of products offered by travel and tourism organisations
- consider how organisations respond to market trends to meet customer needs
- plan a holiday to meet customer needs and preferences